Welcome!

This blog is a running record of my cooking/homemaking experiments. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so all of my recipes are adapted to be affordable and healthy.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A-Mazing Apple Muffins

So, it's definitely about time I finally delivered on my promised blog :)  This past Monday night, I made apple muffins; it really reminded me of when I used to have "Muffin Mondays" in high school, and make baked goods for the week on Monday morning before school.  Anyways, these muffins were basically a severely doctored version of a mix.  However, I think the same idea would probably work with a good basic muffin recipe.

Apple Muffins

2-3 small apples of choice (I used Pink Lady)
1 packet apple cinnamon oatmeal
1 package apple cinnamon muffin mix (I used "Jiffy")
  - include whatever water, milk, or egg amounts are recommended on the package
1 extra egg
1/4 cup milk


Core and chop the apples into very small pieces, about the size of "Legos," keeping the peels on.  In a large bowl, mix all the rest of the ingredients using a spoon or spatula.  Place in greased muffin tin and cook according to directions on muffin mix package.  However, due to the extra moisture, they may require a few additional minutes.  A toothpick inserted should come out sticky, but without any wet dough on it.  I recommend leaving them out to cool overnight, or for several hours, so that they don't get too moist and sticky in a container.  


These muffins are amazing both warm with butter, and cold with a sack lunch! (If I do say so myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment